Online Privacy Statement
Navis Charters is committed to protecting your privacy when you use Navis Digital Services. This Online Privacy Statement (“Statement”) explains how we collect, use, share, and safeguard your information when you use our Digital Services.
Navis/We/Our/Us = Navis Charters, LLC and J.L.B. II Enterprises, LLC.
You/Your = Our Customers and visitors (including their agents and representatives).
Digital Services = Our websites, mobile applications, pages, or accounts we operate on social media sites (e.g. Twitter, Instagram), and any other online interactions you may have with us.
Use of our Digital Services = Visiting any Digital Services owned and controlled by us, receiving our e-mails and viewing our ads on third-party sites and other devices that link to this Statement; using our Digital Services to register for Our services, our Click-to-Chat service, conduct online transactions, etc.
When you visit our Digital Services, read our e-mails or interact with us on third-party sites, you are consenting to the terms of this Statement, except where a different online and/or mobile statement is posted indicating that it is intended to take the place of this Statement, or if the applicable law in the jurisdiction where you are using our Digital Services differs from this Statement, the applicable law shall apply.
This policy is intended for residents of the United States and its territories. If you are not a resident of the United States or its territories, your information may be transferred or processed outside of your home country, including in the United States and its territories.
What Information We Collect
We may collect basic types of information from you through Digital Services as described below.
- “Personal information” refers to information that identifies (whether directly or indirectly) a particular individual, such as information you provide on our forms, surveys, remote deposit capture off your device, applications or similar online fields. Examples may include your name, postal address, unique device identifier, email address, telephone number, Social Security number, date of birth or account information.
- “Anonymous information” means information that cannot reasonably be used to identify a particular individual. Examples may include information about your Internet browser, IP address, information collected through tracking technologies, and aggregated or de-identified data.
- “Location information” means information that may be collected by certain mobile applications that identifies your physical location. This information may be collected from your mobile device’s location-aware features when you request certain services that are dependent on your physical location.
How We Use Your Information
We may use your online information or combine with other information to:
- Personalize your Digital Services experience;
- Respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests;
- Deliver marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you;
- Inform you about important information regarding Digital Services, services, changes to terms, and policies and/or other administrative information;
- Allow you to request to reserve services and/or equipment;
- Perform marketing research activities such as data analysis, audits, usage trends to determine and as input into improving products and services and enhancing our Digital Services; or
- Use it in other ways as required or permitted by law or with your consent.
We do not intend to share your information with third parties.
Because our services are performed outside of the U.S., we may share your personal information in the Turks and Caicos.
Cookies & Other Technologies
We take our responsibility to protect your information very seriously. We use physical, technical, and procedural safeguards that comply with applicable legal standards to secure your information from unauthorized access and use, alteration, and destruction. Refer to the Security footer link below.
Navis may provide an experience on social media platforms including, but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn that may enable online sharing and collaboration among users who have registered to use them. Please note that when visiting any official NAVIS social media site, you are subject to this Online Privacy Statement as well as the social media platform’s own terms and conditions.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act
Our Digital Services are not directed to children. We do not knowingly solicit or collect personal information from children under the age 13, without parental consent.
Updating Your Information
Keeping your account information up-to-date is very important. If you believe that your account information is incomplete or inaccurate, please contact us through our Customer Service. If you prefer, you may call or write to us at the telephone numbers and addresses provided on your account statements, or you may speak directly with a branch representative, or your designated relationship manager.
Changes to this Online Privacy Statement
If we make updates to our online privacy practices, we will update this Statement with the changes and update the “last updated” date posted at the bottom of the Statement. Any updates to the Statement become effective when we post the updates on this site. Your use of our Digital Services following any update to the Statement means that you accept the updated Statement and consent to the use and sharing provisions identified in the Statement.
NAVIS Digital Services are intended for customers and visitors in the United States. When we process personal data and information and personally identifying information in the United States, we follow United States data protection and privacy regulations.
Last Updated: 10/8/2018